Support Me

Support Me

Friday 11 July 2014

Touch Down in London Town!

Pre-Departure at Heathrow Airport
Home Sweet Home - Touch Down in London Town!

For those of you who don't already know....

I'M BACK!!!


I arrived on Friday and now all rested up, I couldn't resist the opportunity to update you guys! It's taken a while to adapt back to living in the UK and although I'm still not quite there yet, I'm happy to be home.

The past 3 months have been quite eventful to say the least, but arguably the best few months of my life. Malawi is a beautiful place, full of wonderful people and the only thing currently occupying my mind at the moment is....When am I going back?!

Being back is a very odd feeling. It's almost as though I am returning to a home away from home, only this feels like a 5* palace in compaison. Wh needs it eh?!
Arriving in Malawi, I was mentally prepared for the conditions I would be living in and almost knew what to expect. Returning is a whole other story! 
Going from nearly nothing, to almost everything is pretty overwhelming. As expected it will certainly take some getting used to but I can now say I see everything around me with a whole new level of appreciation.

Busy old London hasn't changed one bit since leaving, however things are a lot different when coming from slow moving, easy-going Sangilo. Everything here is soo new...and big...and...different!
Was I really as grumpy as everyone else before leaving??....and how the Hell did I move around this fast? Why is everyone is a rush???

Enough of my waffelling for now...it's great to be back and have an update and photo's for you very soon....

Home Sweet Home

Tan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment