Support Me

Support Me

Friday 11 April 2014

2 Weeks Notice

12 Day's to go ... 

Before I start, I have to let you all know that due to an unexpected allergy to Chilli, I am unable to complete the Chilli Challenge but instead I'm provide you with very un-flattering picture of my swollen face and lip, and failed attempt at eating chilli's. 
Lucky Escape if you ask me! :D

With just under 2 weeks to go it is time to get both physically and mentally prepared.
I'm in the progress of finalising formalities before I leave. Time to think about the boring details like finishing work, ending my phone contract, cancelling subscriptions, packing (for real) and most importantly getting medical clearance :/ !!!

I am currently in the process of packing up everything I own, as well as my backpack! My room is being painted while I am away, so its starting to feel a little like I am really packing up my entire life to moving away. A very odd feeling, but still pretty surreal that I will be living in Malawi for three months....I'm sure it will hit me soon enough.

I have heard all good things about Malawi from everyone including my doctor and travel nurse, to the odd stranger that has donated or attended one of my fundraising events. My excitement only mounts as I heard back from a returning volunteer and Sangilo Team Leader Becky, currently in Malawi (see you very soon!). 
Thank you for the advice, I have now added a library and stationary shop to the packing list *hehe*

We are edging closer and I only have £138 left to raise to reach my target so please help me out!

Text TANU55 £2/£5/£10 to 70070
or visit
My JustGiving Page 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment