Support Me

Support Me

Friday 4 April 2014

Sharp Scratch!









18 Day to go ...
This was pushed back as long possible, but about a month ago I dragged myself down to the travel clinic for my first set of vaccines. 

After the usual form filling and medical history, I was whisked away into a side room, where I was asked a few questions about my travel plans and destination. This was inevitably followed by the summary of dangers and health risks that accompany such an adventure. 
As you can imagine, it wasn't a short list! 
When making the decision to volunteer in Africa, the thought of vaccines, malaria and disease prevention didn't even cross my mind. Looking back, it's definitely something I should have thought about.

With the number of blood tests I've had over the years, I am no stranger when it comes to  needles.....it's only a good thing that I forgot how sore your arm gets afterwards. Ouch!

I can happily say that this week I had my very last two vaccines, but I'm not exactly what you would describe as "the picture of health", so it looks like I'll be taking another trip to the hospital, as I apprehensively await full medical clearance. 
I remain a little nervous but still hopefully that it will be good news. 
 Fingers crossed! 

xx

P.S Don't forget about today's Friday Fun-Day at 3pm in Harris + Hoole, Crounch End!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment