Support Me

Support Me

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Leap of Faith



My very LAST day in London!!!

One question I have continually asked myself is, are you ready for this? Can I really prepare for such a drastic lifestyle change (and I don't mean packing wise)? Can I cope knowing there is only so much I can do? Do I really know what I've gotten myself into???
Honestly, I still cannot answer these....but I am definitely ready! The decision did not need a second thought, but all the same, was not made lightly. 

Is anyone ever ready for such a change?

I am most looking forward to my new family. Integrating myself into an entirely new community nearly half way across the world. A community that is decades behind my own in means of development and technology (probably a whole lot richer in other means, I'll come back and let you know!).  
I wish to find a piece of home in Sangilo,Malawi.....but hope it won't be too heart breaking to leave because I've heard otherwise! However small, I leave knowing I will return a changed person, having learnt more about, both myself and a whole new culture. 

It's important to step out of your comfort zone now and again. This is my biggest adventure in life so far....so here goes
My leap of faith!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I want to volunteer with Lattitude in Malawi (2017, after I've done my A-Levels) and I'm very excited/ nervous about the whole thing. It struck me the other day how big a thing it actually is, so it would be lovely to hear from someone who used to be in the same boat as me. Good luck and have the time of your life! :) - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo soo sorry its taken so long to get back to you (Bad Blogger!!) It was a truly amazing experience. I went though every emotion under the sun while I was out there, and I absolutely wouldnt change a thing, other than to remind myself everyday to enjoy every single minute of it because its so easy to say, but doing it is something else.
      You should totally do it, you will thank yourself everyday for the rest of your life.... much like I do now! Love Tan xx

      Delete